NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Sierra Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Sierra Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old March 25th, 2020, 13:04
NAXJA Member

Re: Gorrilla la Dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepme View Post
thats nice little two door. My mom has a 97 4 door that only has 56k miles on it that i am dying to get my hands on!!
dude that is amazing ! 56K ? Like finding gold

1998 4.6 stroker , aw4 XJ on 60/14b , 5.38s, grizzly/detroit, cage, 40s, psc big bore box , assist, 3 link,transgo aw4 reprogram
Old March 25th, 2020, 21:42
NAXJA Member

Gorrilla la Dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepme View Post
thats nice little two door. My mom has a 97 4 door that only has 56k miles on it that i am dying to get my hands on!!

So much want...
Old March 29th, 2020, 07:12
NAXJA Member

Gorrilla la Dos

I love that you are doing a redo of a two door, your signature rig, bringing all of your knowledge, skill and expertise to it. Reno Fest a too aggressive timeline for his completion?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old March 29th, 2020, 13:30
NAXJA Member

Hey Gordo, want my d70-u for your new toy? I'll donate it to you if you can figure out how to get it from here to you.
'91 Cherokee Larado, BDS 5.5" coils w/ACOS's, 6.5" Clayton springs, 37" Patagonia MT's, 4:88's, 35-spline D44 w/ARB and Explorer disc's in back and a narrowed hp44 front w/E-Locker.
Old March 29th, 2020, 13:58
NAXJA Member

Gorrilla la Dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper51 View Post
I love that you are doing a redo of a two door, your signature rig, bringing all of your knowledge, skill and expertise to it. Reno Fest a too aggressive timeline for his completion?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Definitely too soon. Im shooting for it to be a quick swap over before next winter. That way i have a good readily wheel-able rig for snow. Going to get all the chassis upgrades before i swap over the drive train.
Old March 29th, 2020, 13:59
NAXJA Member

Gorrilla la Dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D View Post
Hey Gordo, want my d70-u for your new toy? I'll donate it to you if you can figure out how to get it from here to you.

Um. Heck yes. Are you serious? Ill be down in the bay in the next month. Ill hit you up if you are.
Old April 2nd, 2020, 15:39
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordoSmasho View Post
Um. Heck yes. Are you serious? Ill be down in the bay in the next month. Ill hit you up if you are.
Yeah, it's yours if you want it. It's a dually axle, I think, so it's pretty wide. But if ya want it, it's yours.
'91 Cherokee Larado, BDS 5.5" coils w/ACOS's, 6.5" Clayton springs, 37" Patagonia MT's, 4:88's, 35-spline D44 w/ARB and Explorer disc's in back and a narrowed hp44 front w/E-Locker.
Old April 2nd, 2020, 21:54
NAXJA Member

Gorrilla la Dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D View Post
Yeah, it's yours if you want it. It's a dually axle, I think, so it's pretty wide. But if ya want it, it's yours.

Awesome bud. Ill be down there the 16th and 17th. Ill ring you.
Old April 9th, 2020, 18:51
NAXJA Member

Gorrilla la Dos

So finally got a chance to get back on this guy yesterday. A while back i picked up a set of mid stiffeners for cheap from sharkmark. They were pretty rusty as they had been sitting a while. I cleaned them up and added some extra wholes. Much drilling involved.

A few of the wholes i added 4 - 1/2 nuts farther back from stock location on each rail for additional crossmembers.

Then to prevent any future rust i added some rust reformer to the backside of both rails.

Got the drivers side fully in and added a gusset to tie the mids into the fronts. Ill add quite a bit more in this area when the long arms get purchased.

Not great so dont look to close. I am way to impatient for frame welding. Ran through 4lbs of wire for the two fronts and this mid. I didnt have enough left to finish the passenger side so i got it fitted in and tacked in. Ill jump back on it tomorrow. Then on to the rear.
Old April 9th, 2020, 22:59
NAXJA Forum User

Gorrilla la Dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordoSmasho View Post
So finally got a chance to get back on this guy yesterday. A while back i picked up a set of mid stiffeners for cheap from sharkmark. They were pretty rusty as they had been sitting a while. I cleaned them up and added some extra wholes. Much drilling involved.

A few of the wholes i added 4 - 1/2 nuts farther back from stock location on each rail for additional crossmembers.

Then to prevent any future rust i added some rust reformer to the backside of both rails.

Got the drivers side fully in and added a gusset to tie the mids into the fronts. Ill add quite a bit more in this area when the long arms get purchased.

Not great so dont look to close. I am way to impatient for frame welding. Ran through 4lbs of wire for the two fronts and this mid. I didnt have enough left to finish the passenger side so i got it fitted in and tacked in. Ill jump back on it tomorrow. Then on to the rear.

Looking really good man. I like how you added those nuts for future mounting potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 5th, 2020, 16:26
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocTremp View Post
Looking really good man. I like how you added those nuts for future mounting potential.
x2. Tuned in for this one
Old May 6th, 2020, 10:23
NAXJA Member

Gorrilla la Dos

Thx. Home projects have taken place of some work on this beast. Installing a new very large island right now in the kitchen. Then ill be getting back on this girl. Gonna strip the interior after the stiffeners are done. Ill do the cut and fold rear quarters and the rear fender clearance. Then 2x6 rockers. Looking at a cage purchase real soon. Acquiring funds at this time. Almost ready to pull the trigger.
Old May 6th, 2020, 11:49
NAXJA Member #616

Looks good Gordo. I've recently done the same with my son's XJ - mid stiffeners, 2x6 rockers, and front stiffeners. The welding of the mid stiffeners to the frame is by far the most frustrating and miserable welding project you can imagine.
Old May 6th, 2020, 22:13
NAXJA Member

Very nice!
Old May 7th, 2020, 17:23
NAXJA Member

Gorrilla la Dos

Thx yall. Im looking forward to doing it right this time. Or at least in a way that i dont destroy it in a year of wheeling. Haha